Saturday, November 7, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
At school amongst my friends I spoke the worst Hindi. Add to that the fear of being teased by friends whenever I made a mistake, and I seldom attempted to speak in Hindi. At Kendriya Vidyalaya we had to learn Hindi Course A till class 10, which is originally designed for native Hindi speakers. As I went into 11th standard, I thought of Hindi and Biology as good riddance.
Later when I made trips to other parts of the country I did realize the language's importance and advantage over English in many parts of the country. In many occasions, out of compulsion I became more and more confident of speaking in Hindi.
The culmination of all this happened recently when I was in Maharashtra which uses a common script with Hindi and uses Devnagari digits instead of the international numerals. Since I had no choice, I re-learnt what I had chosen not to study in my school days. Finally, at a function I made a full fledged presentation speaking in Hindi. My hindi teacher would have been proud!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
The role was into marketing of Indian made ATMs for the semi urban and rural markets - giving me a profile I was wanting to do for a long time. The very reason I had done an MBA was that I wanted to get out of IT, and this role would finally take me into a non IT technology marketing. Thus, the ten percent driving factor has also been taken care of :-)
The icing on the cake is that I get to travel to many places in India.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I've recently discovered that I am bored 90% of the time. It is the other 10% of the time when I get excited that keeps me going.
This 10% has come from different things at different times. The key is in having something to make up the ten percent, which drives the 90% boredom out.